Ozark Drifters Auto-Rama 1963
The Ozark Drifters Car Club Auto-Rama was an indoor car show held by Ozark Drifters car club. The second annual Auto-Rama was held at the Springdale Roller Rink in Springdale, Arkansas in 1963. According to the Northwest Arkansas Times, the show attracted cars from Arkansas, Missouri, Oklahoma, and Texas. The exhibition was open Saturday and Sunday, and it attracts thousands of onlookers. According to the club, the second show was even better than the first one. This was partly due to showing in the new roller rink. Only trouble was that it rained both days and the hardwood floor didn't like the water that the cars carried in. Neither did the owner of the rink.
Awards were awarded to 23 owners and groups for exhibits that ranged from unique restoration to late model pick up trucks.
The List of Winners:
- Unfinished: 1. Troy Kurtsinger, Prairie Grove
- Street Coupe: 1. Mike Armbrust, Litle Rock
- Street Coupe: 2. James Beddell, Fayetterville
- Compact: 1. Synott Mathews, Amarillo, Texas
- Compact: 2. Phil Medcoff, Aurora, Missouri
- Radical Custom: 1. Barrett Jackson's 1957 Ford 4 Door, Sherman, Texas
- Competition: 1. Ray Collins, Norman, Oklahoma
- Late Full Custom: 1. Don Beard, Republic, Missouri
- Late Full Custom: 2. Paul Owens, Berryville
- Early Full Custom: 1. Charles Donley, Tulsa
- Early Mild Custom: 1. Johnny Londagin, Gentry
- Antiques: 1. Joe Fite, Springfield, Missouri
- Antiques: 2. Bill Alford, Springdale
- Early Pickup Truck: 1. Dick Ceola, Springdale
- Late Pickup Truck: 1. Sandy Boone, Springdale
- People's Choice: 1. Charles Donley, Tulsa
- Farthest Distance: 1. Synott Matthews, Amarillo, Texas
- Best Paint: 1.Synott Matthews, Amarillo, Texas
- Best Engine: 1.Synott Matthews, Amarillo, Texas
- Best Display: 1.Synott Matthews, Amarillo, Texas
- Best Interior: 1.Mike Armbrust, Little Rock
- Best Club Display: 1.Ozark Drifters, Fayetteville
Did you enjoy this article?
Kustomrama is an encyclopedia dedicated to preserve, share and protect traditional hot rod and custom car history from all over the world.
- Help us keep Kustomrama and history alive. For as little as 1 USD a month you can become a monthly supporter. Click here to learn more.
- Subscribe to our free newsletter and receive regular updates and stories from Kustomrama.
- Do you know someone who would enjoy this article? Click here to forward it.
Can you help us make this article better?
Please get in touch with us at email@example.com if you have additional information or photos to share about Ozark Drifters Auto-Rama 1963.
This article was made possible by:
SunTec Auto Glass - Auto Glass Services on Vintage and Classic Cars
Finding a replacement windshield, back or side glass can be a difficult task when restoring your vintage or custom classic car. It doesn't have to be though now with auto glass specialist companies like www.suntecautoglass.com. They can source OEM or OEM-equivalent glass for older makes/models; which will ensure a proper fit every time. Check them out for more details!
Do you want to see your company here? Click here for more info about how you can advertise your business on Kustomrama.