George Collins' 1932 Ford
1932 Ford 5-window Coupe owned by Renegades members George Collins and Richard Collins of Whittier, California. Dick and George's coupe featured a rolled and pleated interior and trunk. The undercarriage was painted and covered in white tuck and roll that was covered with white clear plastic. The coupe was operated by a chromed and warmed over 1956 Oldsmobile engine. In 2018 George told Kustomrama that he painted it Pearl White, while Larry Watson of Watson's House of Style laid a fancy flame paint job. Larry painted the flames in a light candy turquoise with dark blue tips and black pinstriping. "We won numerous Concours de'elegance shows with the car, it was great fun!"
Sold in 1958
In 1958 George lost his mind and got married; "Being of little finances my true love had to go. I had taken it apart to do some changes. When my wife got pregnant I sold. Due to the fact that I know had to focus on supporting a family I lost track of the car. It was great fun and it probably kept me from getting in trouble."
- George Collins
- Car Craft February 1959 George and Richard chromed everything they could before they had the transmission, bell housing and had them porcelain coated in turquoise.
- YouTube- Custom Cars Painted by Larry Watson in the 1950s
Did you enjoy this article?
Kustomrama is an encyclopedia dedicated to preserve, share and protect traditional hot rod and custom car history from all over the world.
- Help us keep Kustomrama and history alive. For as little as 1 USD a month you can become a monthly supporter. Click here to learn more.
- Subscribe to our free newsletter and receive regular updates and stories from Kustomrama.
- Do you know someone who would enjoy this article? Click here to forward it.
Can you help us make this article better?
Please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have additional information or photos to share about George Collins' 1932 Ford.
This article was made possible by:
SunTec Auto Glass - Auto Glass Services on Vintage and Classic Cars
Finding a replacement windshield, back or side glass can be a difficult task when restoring your vintage or custom classic car. It doesn't have to be though now with auto glass specialist companies like www.suntecautoglass.com. They can source OEM or OEM-equivalent glass for older makes/models; which will ensure a proper fit every time. Check them out for more details!
Do you want to see your company here? Click here for more info about how you can advertise your business on Kustomrama.