Mike Duarte's 1963 Ford
In May of 2021 Joe Montalto advertised the car for sale: "This beautiful ‘63 California Custom T-Bird has had high-quality work performed on the body, paint, and interior. The car has won numerous car shows and has been featured in many magazines. The color combination is elegant! It shows the thought that went into the project in the beginning stages of the build. The finished product speaks for itself! Below are all the details of what has been done to the car."
- Built by Starlite Rod and Kustom
- 390 Engine - Belts, hoses, radiator flush, overflow tank flush, gas tank flush, plugs, (plug wires replaced)
- Custom built dual cooling fan assembly
- Factory A/C and Heat
- Custom Exhaust
- C-6 Automatic Transmission (Rebuilt)
- Accuair Air Ride Suspension
- 4-Link Rear Suspension
- Power Brakes
- Front Disc Brakes
- Rear Drum Brakes
- 9” Inch Ford Rear End
- Tile – Thin White Walls
- Wheels – 15” Inch Radir-Chrome
- Power Steering
- Power Windows
- New Glass
- New Weatherstripping
- Fresh Chrome interior & exterior trim and moldings
- Painted Kiwi Metallic Green Reverse pattern from the roof to the body and dark green heavy metalflake freeway scallops
- Custom painted/chrome front and rear bumper
- Dash/Console and Door Trim also painted metal flaked to match scallops *Hand Fabricated One-Off Front Grille
- Interior is dark retro green by Chuey’s Auto Interior in Carson, California.
- Tilt-Away Steering Wheel
- Retro Sound head unit
- Tweeters/Mid- Range and 6x9 speakers located/hidden in factory location *Custom Sub Woofer enclosure and amplifier installed in the trunk
- Trunk fully finished with retro interior matching inside of the vehicle
Featured Shows and Awards
- 2017: Relaxed So. Cal
- 2018: 27th Annual Mooneyes Yokohama Hot Rod Custom Show – Honored Guest
- 2018 – Ventura Nationals (Best 60’s Custom)
Magazine Features and Appearances
Did you enjoy this article?
Kustomrama is an encyclopedia dedicated to preserve, share and protect traditional hot rod and custom car history from all over the world.
- Help us keep history alive. For as little as 2.99 USD a month you can become a monthly supporter. Click here to learn more.
- Subscribe to our free newsletter and receive regular updates and stories from Kustomrama.
- Do you know someone who would enjoy this article? Click here to forward it.
Can you help us make this article better?
Please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have additional information or photos to share about Mike Duarte's 1963 Ford.
This article was made possible by:
SunTec Auto Glass - Auto Glass Services on Vintage and Classic Cars
Finding a replacement windshield, back or side glass can be a difficult task when restoring your vintage or custom classic car. It doesn't have to be though now with auto glass specialist companies like www.suntecautoglass.com. They can source OEM or OEM-equivalent glass for older makes/models; which will ensure a proper fit every time. Check them out for more details!
Do you want to see your company here? Click here for more info about how you can advertise your business on Kustomrama.